We take privacy seriously.
To provide our deposit-replacement service, we collect personal information of tenants, landlords and letting agents via our website and web portal (through which you sign up for flatfair's services), by email and telephone, and sometimes by other methods (e.g. in-person meetings or post). The information we collect may include:
- name, email address, residential address, telephone number, nationality, date of birth,
income level (requested, or calculated from level of rent), marital status, payment ID
provide by our payment service provider Stripe
- behaviour as a tenant, including rent payment history, damage to a property and what you do
about it, and your dealings with landlords and us
- other details you provide to your landlord or letting agent (‘Other Information’), which we
request only when needed to seek payment for damage to a property or failure to pay rent
- name, email address, property address(es), business or residential address, telephone number
- behaviour as a landlord, including dealings with tenants and us
- name, email address, business address, telephone number
Deposit-replacement service. We use your personal information mainly to provide the deposit-replacement service, including the following activities:
- offering deposit-replacement services to tenants, landlords and letting agents
- sharing information between tenants and landlords / letting agents once a new flatfair contract has been
agreed, including to allow direction communication
- handling any dispute between tenants and landlords about damage to a property, unpaid rent
or other matters, including sharing relevant information with our independent
- providing updates on the deposit-replacement service
- continually improving our service offering and user experience.
Tenant and landlord profiles. We build profiles of our landlords and tenants to understand
their behaviour. These profiles may be used:
- to provide references or reviews of landlords to tenants or of tenants to landlords
- to offer improved deals to our best customers, and to restrict service to those with poor
behaviour (but we do not deny the deposit-replacement service to a tenant or landlord without human
- to provide data to credit rating companies, including to help you build a stronger credit
history by paying rent on time and looking after your landlord’s property properly.
Third party services and content. We may send you:
- offers of selected services related to your household that are offered by third parties
- other content that may be of interest to you.
You can opt out of such communications by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in our emails. You can also manage your contact options via our website if you are a registered customer.
Data aggregation. We aggregate your information with that of other users so that it can no
longer can be associated with you. We may share such anonymized information with third parties
to assess user trends and better understand how users interact with Flatfair and other online
We never share your information with third parties for marketing purposes without your
Insurance. We share personal information of Flaftair Member tenants on a confidential basis with
our insurers, brokers and other parties involved with our insurance policies and any claims
under those policies.
Debt recovery. If you damage a property or fail to pay rent, we may share your information
with service providers who help us recover money that you owe.
Credit rating companies. We share information on a confidential basis as explained under
‘Tenant and landlord profiles’ above.
based on browser information, IP address and username.
recognise who you are when you return to our platform. These cookies are only used by us, and
the information they contain is not shared with anyone else.
services and content, including where users come from, which pages are most popular, and the
effectiveness of our marketing. Google Analytics privacy and data security policies are
available at http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html.
Please see this link for information on how to disable cookies. However, please note that
disabling cookies may affect some features of our website.
You have the following rights regarding your personal information:
- access to and correction of information
- deletion of information and/or restriction on how we process it (we are not able to restrict
processing in a way that impairs our ability to offer the deposit-replacement service)
- portability of your information to other service providers.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. When we
delete your information, it disappears promptly from our service; however, it will remain in our
back-up systems for a period before being deleted permanently.
Subject to your rights explained above, we will keep your data for 7 years or for as long as you
continue to access our service (including to allow you to build a profile and enjoy reduced
rates for future tenancies). Information that is essential to providing the deposit-replacement service
(including information on bad behaviour of tenants) may be kept indefinitely.
We delete Other Information collected in connection with a landlord/tenant dispute promptly once
it is no longer needed for the dispute.
Information security is central to the way we do business. We aim to use industry best practice
for security from both technological and business process perspectives, and these practices are
regularly reviewed and updated. We store our data on Amazon Web Services while remaining
responsible at all times for the security of your information.
To protect your Flatfair account, we encourage you to select a secure password, to protect your
password, and to use appropriate security software on your devices.
From time to time, Flatfair may revise this Policy to reflect changes in the law, changes in our
products, or for other reasons. Updated versions of this Policy will be posted on our website.
If we make significant changes to the Policy, we will contact registered customers you to
explain the changes.
Flatfair is registered in England under as company number 10487576, and our registered address is
107 Cheapside, London, EC2V 6DN. If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy or the
way we use your information, please contact us via email@example.com or by writing to our
If you consider that we have not addressed a problem, you have a right to complain to the UK
Information Commissioner's Office. Further information can be found at