flatfair portal acceptable use policy
These are the rules for acceptable use of the Flatfair portal. Use of the portal in
contravention of any restriction on use set out in this Policy, is not permitted. If you do not
agree with the terms of this Policy, you may not use the portal.
- Restrictions on use
- As a condition of your use of the portal, you agree:
- not to use the portal for any purpose that is unlawful under any applicable law
prohibited by this Policy or our portal terms and conditions
- not to use the portal to commit any act of fraud;
- not to use the portal for purposes of promoting unsolicited advertising or
- not to use the portal to simulate communications from us or another service or
entity in order to collect identity information, authentication credentials, or
other information (‘phishing’);
not to use the portal in any manner that disrupts the operation of our portal,
the Flatfair service, or the business of any other entity;
not to promote any unlawful activity;
not to represent or suggest that we endorse any other business, product or
service unless we have separately agreed to do so in writing;
not to use the portal to gain unauthorised access to or use of computers, data,
systems, accounts or networks;
access all or any part of the portal in order to build a product or service
competes with the Flatfair service.
not to attempt to circumvent password or user authentication methods.
- You agree that you will not:
- use the portal to harm anyone or to cause offence to or harass any person;
- use another person or entity's email address in order to sign up to use the
- use the portal for fraudulent or abusive purposes (including, without
by using the portal to impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise
your affiliation with a person, entity or the portal);
- use the portal for any commercial or business purpose outside of the Flatfair
service, or for the benefit of any third party or to send unsolicited
- remove or amend any proprietary notices or other ownership information from the
- interfere with or disrupt the portal or servers or networks that provide the
- except as permitted by law, attempt to decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble
or hack any of the portal, or to defeat or overcome any of our encryption
technologies or security measures or data transmitted, processed or stored by
- ‘spider’, 'harvest', 'scrape' or collect any information about or regarding
people that use the portal, including, but not limited to any personal data or
information (including by uploading anything that collects information such as
- disrupt the normal operation of the portal or do anything which is likely to
a negative effect on other users' ability to use the portal;
- disobey any requirements or regulations of mobile networks connected to the
- use the portal in violation of any applicable law or regulatory requirement;
- republish in bulk any information derived from use of the portal;
- “White-label” or otherwise hold yourself out as the originating provider of the Flatfair service or the portal or any material or processes contained in it;
- attempt to get around technological measures designed to control access to, or elements of, the portal;
tamper with, disable or override (or attempt to do any of those things) any
security component or process of the portal;
- use any technical or other means or process means to “mirror”, “frame”, “scrape,” “crawl” or “spider” any web pages or other services contained in the portal.
- Messaging services
- We may make facilities for leaving or exchanging messages with other users
available on the portal.
- We are not obliged to monitor or moderate messages. Where we do monitor or moderate
messages we shall indicate how this is performed and who should be contacted in relation
to any message of concern to you.
- We may remove or edit any messages to any of our interactive services whether they
are moderated or not.
- Any message you make must comply with our message standards set out below.
- Submission standards
- In this Policy, “Submission” means any text, images, video, audio or other
multimedia content, software or other information or material submitted by you or other
users to the portal. Any Submission or communication to users of our portal must conform
to standards of accuracy, decency and lawfulness, which shall be applied in our
discretion, acting reasonably. In particular, you warrant that any Submission or
- your own original work and lawfully submitted;
- factually accurate or your own genuinely held belief;
- provided with the necessary consent of any third party;
- not defamatory or likely to give rise to an allegation of defamation;
- not offensive, obscene, sexually explicit, discriminatory or deceptive.
- We shall apply the terms of this Policy in our absolute discretion. In the event
of your breach of this Policy we may terminate or suspend your use of the portal,
remove, disclose Submissions to law enforcement authorities or take any action we
consider necessary to remedy the breach.